Skip to content
From time to time, firmware upgrades to the Arduino may become available to add new features or fix problems. Follow the steps below to perform an update.
- You will need a laptop computer to run the software necessary to update the Arduino microcontroller, which will be performed in the car.
- Install the Arduino IDE on your laptop by downloading here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software
- Run the Arduino IDE program, select the Tools menu, then Library Manager
- Search for HID-Project and install the package
- Load the updated Arduino sketch into the IDE (file extension will be) .ino
- In your car, find the USB cable from the JagDroid head unit labelled Arduino which will be plugged into the Odroid, and connect it into your laptop
- Switch on the ignition to the I position
- In the Arduino IDE select the Tools menu, select Board then choose Arduino Leonardo
- Select the Tools menu again, select Port then choose the single option that is available (prefixed by COM, the actual number will vary depending on your computer)
- Select the Sketch menu then Upload
- When the Arduino IDE shows Uploading to board, immediately hold the RECIRC button on the head unit until you see the display go black, then release.
- You should see the Arduino IDE successfully upload the sketch into the Arduino
- You may then disconnect the USB from your computer and reconnect to the Odroid
- The firmware update is complete